We can make beautiful music together!
Thank you for your support of the Santa Maria Philharmonic Society, both through your attendance at concerts and your financial support of programs that help us to further musical education for our young people.
There are many facets and responsibilities in presenting the concerts and creating an appreciation for classical music in our community. We invite you to consider the possibility of participating in some of the tasks. You can be as involved as you wish. Your skills and talents will benefit all who enjoy classical music. You will meet new friends, put more fun into your life, and feel a sense of reward by getting involved.
Here are some opportunities for your consideration:
- serve as an usher at concerts (take tickets, hand out programs or literature)
- help so-ordinate other volunteers (make phone calls or keep schedules)
- distribute posters, respond to web-site inquiries, or write newsletter articles (promoting the Philharmonic)
- provide cookies or other refreshments and assist with set-up or clean-up of receptions
- help with event planning
- join in the Music Van program (sharing musical instruments with third graders)
Where will you fit in? We know there is a special place just for you. Ask a friend to join you in this adventure. Feel the excitement growing with the Philharmonic and discovery opportunities to volunteer. We welcome your suggestions and sincerely hope that you will contact us. Thank you, in advance, for your willingness to volunteer with your Philharmonic.